(UPDATE 2/9 : if you are looking for the pancake recipe, you can find it here )
Feelin' like a #healthkween right now. This blueberry chia jam takes all of 15 minutes to make, is naturally sweetened, and satisfied my morning sweet tooth. Which is saying something… I usually wake up craving some form of chocolate/candy.
The best thing about this jam is that you can use basically any fruit you have on hand. I happened to have blueberries in the fridge… and you know the rest.
It doesn't have the same consistency as jam, but i promise it satisfies all of the same tastebuds. I hope you guys like it! Let me know what you think.
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Zest of half a lemon
- 2 Tbsp. honey (or agave nectar)
- 2 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. chia seeds
- Heat blueberries in a pan on the stove over medium heat until mostly broken down and slightly thickened- About 10 minutes. Smash the blueberries with the back of a rubber spatula as you go. (You can choose how chunky/smooth you want it.)
- Remove from heat & stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, and honey. Taste and add more honey/lemon juice/zest as needed. Keep in mind the lemon flavor will get stronger over night.
- Stir in the chia seeds. Wait about 15 minutes and if you would like your jam to be thicker, add more chia seeds 1 tsp. at a time.
I ate mine on Ezekiel break with vanilla Siggi's yogurt. Like I said, #healthkween