I know it's technically still summer, but I'm writing this from our back porch in Maine, where it's a cool 62 degrees. And it has got me seriously craving Fall! One of my favorite parts about the season is all the apples. You can't beat a drive to the mountains for an afternoon of apple picking. We used to beg our parents to take us when we were kids, and they always hauled all 4 of us out for a day trip. Now that I'm an adult, although I don't have any children of my own, I can seriously respect the amount of effort that took!
There are about 8 million different things you can do with all the apples you bring home from the orchard, but one of the easiest things you can make is this all time favorite yogurt bowl of mine. I sauté apples in a touch of coconut oil and cinnamon, pile them high over a big bowl of Siggi's Vanilla Yogurt with a spoonful of crunchy peanut butter, and a handful of Purely Elizabeth's Cranberry Pecan Granola (this stuff is off the chain. Prepare to be addicted). Try it out for yourself one day this week and let me know what you think! I'd love to hear what other apple recipes you'll be making this Fall.
1. 1/2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
2. 1/2 Honeycrisp Apple, cut into wedges or cubes (totally up to you!)
3. 1 tsp. Cinnamon
4. (1) 5.3 oz. container of Siggi's Vanilla Yogurt
5. 2 Tbsp. Crunchy Peanut Butter
6. 1/4 cup Purely Elizabeth's Cranberry Pecan Granola
1. Melt coconut oil in a pan over medium high heat
2. Once melted, add apples and sauté for 5-7 minutes until the apples are heated through and slightly soft (but you don't want to lose all of the crunch!)
3. Stir in cinnamon
4. Serve over yogurt and top with peanut butter, granola, and any extras you want! I occasionally add chia seeds or hemp hearts.
5. Dig in!