I was going to start this post with "It's s'mores season!"... but like. Isn't it always s'mores season? Want a s'more at a summer bonfire? Absolutely. Want to cozy up with a s'more in the cold winter? Obviously. A s'more on a crisp fall day? Can't beat it. Spring feels like a bit of a stretch, but is there ever not a good time for chocolate and marshmallows? Don't fight me on this.
That said, with 4th of July right around the corner, this s'mores dip is your perfect dessert option. It's 8 million degrees out in Charlotte right now, so I'm opting to skip the fire and make this dip in the oven. It takes all of 15 minutes, requires almost no clean up, and it is oh-so-delicious! What are your plans for 4th of July this year? Let me know in the comments!
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups marshmallows
- 12 Hershey’s bars, broken into pieces
- 1 sleeve graham crackers, broken into individual rectangles, plus more for serving
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted (optional)
- Grease a cast iron skillet or casserole dish with cooking spray. Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Lay half of the chocolate in the bottom of the pan. This part does not have to be neat and perfect- go wild!
- Top with half the marshmallows and half the graham crackers. Repeat once more.
- Bake until the chocolate is melted and the marshmallows are golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- If desired, drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
- Serve warm with additional graham crackers for dipping.