Hi Guys! Happy New Year!
For those of you sticking to your New Year's Resolutions and looking for a healthy snack- I've got just the one for you! It's a fun take on the classic hummus you're used to. The secret? Beets! They give it such a fun, bright color that you'll be excited to eat healthy. (And trust me, that means something coming from me!)
- 4 Small Steamed & Peeled Beets (I used a package from Trader Joe's)
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained
- zest of one lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 heaping Tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cut your beets into quarters and place into food processor. Pulse into small bits.
- Add remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend until smooth.
- With the food processor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil
- Taste as you go and adjust accordingly. If it is too thick, add a small amount of water at a time. If it's too chunky- add a little more tahini or olive oil to smooth it out.