My sweet tooth has a mind of it's own. It can't be controlled. So naturally when I have 3 tests within the next two days, I found myself in the kitchen making, you guessed it- cookies. Shocker. I made these for a friend who is an even bigger chocolate chip cookie lover than I am (and that's saying something). Hopefully they pass his test!
These cookies are super soft and filled with chocolate chips. Pretty much half chocolate chips, half cookie dough. Just the way I like it. They're delicious!
I'm keeping this blog post short, sweet, and to the point because you need to go make these cookies. Right now.
- 1 stick butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional and to taste
- 2 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Combine butter, cream cheese, both sugars, vanilla, and egg in a stand mixer on medium speed for 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt
- Mix until just combined (apprx. 1 min)
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Form small cookie dough balls (about 2 in.) and press slightly with palms to flatten out
- Place cookie dough balls on a large sheet and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Let sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before baking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place cookies on a greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway through
- Let cool for 5 minutes on pan
Makes around 25-28 cookies! Enjoy!