Two blog posts, one day?! What's happening?! You're welcome.
Tonight I introduce to you… NUTELLA DUMPLINGS. Never heard of them? Neither had I. But now they're a thing… says me.
P.S. This is legitimately the exact same thing as my Nutella Donut post… except that I shaped the dough in to dumpling for. But hey. Dumplings deserve a chance too.
- 1 package biscuit dough, such as Pilsbury Grands
- Canola oil, for frying
1. Heat 2 inches of oil to 350 degrees in a heavy bottomed dutch oven
2. Flatted individual biscuit dough into flat disks
3. Dollop a spoonful of Nutella in the middle of the dough
4. Pull up edges around the Nutella and pinch shut in the shape of a dumpling. (Make sure your edges are completely closed or else you'll have a Nutella explosion! Which sounds great, but isn't.)
5. Fry for 30-45 seconds per side, until golden brown
6. Place on paper towel to absorb excess oil